Mission and Guiding Principles
The Brotherhood is an organization dedicated to the empowerment and positive development of young African American men.
We support our mission through mentorship, living with integrity, striving for academic and personal success, respecting and interacting effectively with others while positively transforming Colorado’s African-American community.
The following is our core mission statement which we profess loudly and enthusiastically during our meetings:
He had a dream: we are the dream
We are…achieving success
We are…lifting others up
We are…leading by example
We are…making others take notice
We are…the Dream
We are…the future
- Encourage and provide access to our mentors, partners, and staff for all qualified students within the organization’s capacity.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence in both academic and professional pursuits.
- Promote and uphold the principles of ethics, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Be conscientious stewards of the organization’s human, physical, financial, information, and natural resources.
- Encourage, honor, and respect teaching, learning, and academic culture.
- Promote faculty, student, and staff diversity to ensure the rich interchange of ideas in the pursuit of truth and learning, including diversity of political, geographic, cultural, intellectual, and philosophical perspectives.
- Encourage and support innovation and entrepreneurship at all levels including research and creative activities.
- Strive to meet the needs of the State of Colorado, including workforce training, and civic literacy.
- Ensure that the organization is an economic, social, and cultural catalyst.
- Support and encourage collaboration amongst schools and non-profit agencies, and between the organization and other educational institutions to improve our communities.
- Provide an outstanding, respectful, and responsive living, learning, teaching, and working environment.
- Focus on meaningful measurable results.
Advocate for The Brotherhood
Colorado needs more African American males to create highly educated workforce, grow our economy, and engage the community as whole. With your support we can keep The Brotherhood and Colorado strong.Become an advocate of the Brotherhood
The Brotherhood works closely with local schools, universities, and organizations to close the achievement gap, advance the economy and culture of Colorado’s African American community.Learn More